Bulletin: 4th Sunday of Easter
May – The Month of Mary
Have you thought about how you will invite the Virgin Mary into your home and honor her during the month of May?
Here are some suggestions:
- Set aside a special time or times a day to offer devotions to Mary.
- Recite the Rosary.
- Create a shrine to Mary in your home, with Mary statues, crosses or other religious items of significance.
- Create a makeshift altar and light small candles in honor of Mary and say special prayers.
- Decorate a statue of Mary with flowers.
- Say the Litanies of the Blessed Virgin Mary, repeated prayers that tell of Mary’s relationship with God and the world.
- Take time to research the many ways Mary has appeared to the world since Biblical times – Fatima, Lourdes, Guadelupe, etc.
- Re-read the Gospels to see how God works through the Blessed Virgin Mary to glorify all creation.
- Give up bad habits, such as yelling at others, and substitute Hail Mary’s until the desire goes away.
- Wear blessed medals that symbolize a veneration for Mary and act as physical reminders of Mary’s love.
Last Sunday Collections:
St. Anthony’s ~ Sunday Collections $513 with 39 envelopes; Loose $76.30
St. Faustina’s ~ Sunday Collections $475 with 30 envelopes; Loose $53
Roof Repairs: Cost to Date: $28,290 ~ Roof Donations to Date:
Donations $11,055; Fundraisers for Roof $4,901.02; Insurance $4,912.50
New Goal to Reach: $7,448.48 Thank you for your support!
World Day of Prayer for Vocations: This Sunday, April 29th at 3:00pm. St. Anthony’s will be having special prayers for past, present and future Priests, as well as those who are thinking of joining the Priesthood. Please come and thank your Preists by supporting them through prayer.
Choir Practice: Tuesday at 7:00pm. Everyone is welcome to join!
Lectio Divina: This Thursday at 7:00pm in the hall.
First Friday of May: May 3rd at 3:00pm Recitation of the Divine Mercy Chaplet, followed by private Adoration until 6:00pm with Rosary & Divine Mercy Chaplet in Polish followed by Mass in Polish at 6:30pm. All are welcome to join us!
Flea Market: We will be holding a flea market in the basement of the church hall on May 19th. If you have any items you no longer need and would like to donate them, please contact Gordon Jewers at 469-5698. No electronics, please. Please come out and support our parish!
Readers: We are in need of readers for Mass on Sundays at 9:00am. If you would like to read, please contact Jennie Martell at 464-1561.
Vincent de Paul Society: Item of the Month for May is canned milk. Thank you!
In Honor of Mary: The Litany and Rosary will be said in honor of Mary, on Wednesday, May 16th and 23rd at 6:30pm. Please note: these dates there will be no Mass as Father Jan will be away.